Serves 4, 5 points per serving
For the steak
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb lean flank steak, 1/2 in thick
For the salsa
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 Tbsp sliced scallions
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger root
In a glass bowl with a lid, combine first 3 ingredients. Add steak, turn to coat and coer bowl. refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat grill to medium-high
Remove steak from marinade, discard marinade. Grill steak for 5 minutes on first side, flip and grill until well browned on outside and medium-rare inside, about 5-6 minutes more. Remove steak to a clean plate, let sit for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients.
Thinly slice steak acrossgrain and serve with salsa. Yields about 3.5 oz steak and 1/3 cup salsa per serving.