This cookies are supposed to be puffed up and less cooked in the center (i.e. dough like).
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together brown sugar white sugar and butter.
- Mix in egg and vanilla
- Add and mix dry ingredients ( flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda ). Note that the dough may seem like it is a little dry. I’ve made this twice. The first time there was just enough liquid for everything to come together nicely while stiring with a spoon. The second time the dough stayed crumbly.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-14 minutes at 350-450 deg Farenheit. This is where you get to experiment. The shorter baking times at higher temperature should result in a less bake interior to the cookie. Note that if you are concerned about eating raw eggs then you should bake the cookies more throughly. The cookies are done when the peaks start to brown.
The recipe is taken from this blog http://thechiclife.com/2010/11/chocolate-chip-dough-balls-success.html