- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into 1/2” pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose fluor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pour water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce into sauce pan and set over medium-high heat.
- Stir in orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and green onions.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place chicken into bowl and pour 1 cup of sauce into bag.
- Set aside remaining sauce as reserve.
- Seal the bag, refrigerate for 2 hours.
##Chicken preparation and cooking
- Mix flour, salt, pepper in another resealable bag.
- Add the marinated chicken, seal bag, and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken.
- Add reserve sauce. Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Mix together cornstarch and 2 tbsp water; stir into sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add chicken.
- Simmer for 5 min.