- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 stalks of celery, minced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, or sage and thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of chicken or turkey stock
- 1 egg
- 1 loaf french bread
Fry the onion, celery and garlic gently in butter. Add the parsley, sage, pepper and salt and stir all together. Dice the gluten free bread up in 1/2 inch pieces. Add the bread to the vegetables in the pan. Mix the stock and egg in a bowl and add it to the pan. Stir gently just to mix, without breaking up the bread too much.
Grease a 2 quart ceramic or pyrex dish. Put the stuffing in the dish - it should fill the dish about halfway - not deeper. Put a cover on the dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes until the top is starting to brown. Remove the top and bake for 15 minutes more.