- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar (this was too much…maybe 1.5 tsp?)
- 1 cup soup stock
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef meat
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 ounces yam noodles (shirataki)
- 1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup soaked, rinsed and sliced shiitakes
- 1 cube tofu, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 leaves Napa cabbage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
Mix soy sauce, sugar, stock, and mirin together in a bowl. Arrange meat and vegetables on a large platter. Heat an electric skillet to 375 degrees F.
Add oil to the skillet and heat. Brown meat in the oil, adding sugar slowly. Move the meat to the corner of the skillet when well browned. Add other vegetables, keeping each separate. Add sauce and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and turn all ingredients while cooking 2 minutes more. Serve on small plates.