serves 6, 4 points per serving
- 3/4 cup uncoocked farro
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium ears of corn kernels
- 3/4 up diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
Combine farro, 1/4 tsp salt, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered until farro is tender.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until farro is tender, about 20-30 minutes. Drain farro and spoon into a serving bowl with corn zucchini. Mix well and allow farro to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, dill, shallots, vinegar, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Add tomatoes to farrow mixture and then drizzle with dressing, toss to coat.
Cover and chill 30 minutes for flavors to blend. 1 cup per serving.
Brown rice, barley, or wheat berries can be substituted for farro.